Timetable – What & When
This simple timetable will help your church make the most of The National Weekend of Invitation.
January to April
- Make sure your key leaders fully grasp the opportunity to move the church from being ‘welcoming’ to having a culture of invitation by using our training options and encouraging the reading Creating a Culture of Invitation in Your Church
- Decide on the invitation event/s and/or guest service and youth activities you will hold during the National Weekend of Invitation
- Arrange your publicity, including invitation cards for making personal invitations
Sunday June 7th – Invitation Cross Sunday
- Teach the three ways to think differently about invitation.
- Prayerfully bringing to a cross the names of those who will receive invitations.
June 14th – Inviter Sunday
- Share the stories of those who have invited – how they felt and what God did.
- Celebrate their obedience – no matter the outcome.
Friday 26th to Sunday 28th June – The Weekend
- Hold one or more invitation events large and small – pub quiz, curry evening, guest artist, debate, hot topic, guest service, youth activity and more.
The rest of the year
- Apply what you have learned and keep inviting – Alpha, Christianity Explored, The Pilgrim Course, guest services, evangelistic breakfasts and Messy Church.